Repaving of Alem Street
Mendoza City Council
Alem Street – Mendoza City – Province of Mendoza
This project was aimed at providing the street structure with a rigid bearing layer suitable for the present-day traffic conditions, since the previous one was deteriorated as a result of not having been designed for the strength applied to it.
The following tasks were performed:
- Demolitions and excavations: the existing concrete roadway was demolished, and excavations were carried out to a depth of 60cm. Gutter and
- culverts were also demolished.
- Backfill and compaction: the backfill was made up of a 20cm thick granular sub-base and a 20cm thick granular base.
- Concrete pavement: the 20cm-thick concrete pavements were made with H-30 concrete.
- Culvert and gutters: new culvert and sections of gutters in poor condition were built.